If you’re looking for a trip abroad with a difference, then perhaps you’re thinking of Poland. If you are, then here’s why you should visit Gdansk.
1. Gdansk is a maritime city with a strong tradition and lots to see and do, no matter what time of the year you choose to come here.
2. The city has a 1000 year history, and has been ruled by both Germany and Poland, and there is a strong sense of pride and lots of reminders of the past.
3. Gdansk is the hometown of the Lech Walesa, who founded the Solidarity movement in 1980, which was the first independent trade union in Poland. His efforts led to him receiving the nobel Peace Prize in 1983, and was president of Poland between 1990 and 1995.
4. Gdanks is known as a tricity, as it also included the towns of Sopot and Gdynia. The population of the combined town is around 750 000, so there are lots of people. The city is an academic city, so Gdansk might be a possible location for your expanding business.
5. Gdynia is a fully working busy port that is well worth a visit whilst you’re here. With plenty going on all day, there’s always something to see.
6. Sopot is a popular seaside resort with nice beaches and so is a fantastic location if you want to combine a city break with some time on the beach in the sun.
7. The architecture of Gdansk is another reason people come here, and thanks to the history of the city, there are some very impressive buildings here.
8. The Old Town area of Gdansk is somewhere you must visit whilst you’re here. As well as looking back to the past, the city is very much looking to the future too. There is a vibrant and developing economy here, and the city offers everything modern inhabitants need. Moving away from traditional commerce, the city is proving to be a key player in the petrochemical, electronics and telecommunications industries.
9. Because of the emerging technologies and changing economy, Gdansk could be the ideal place for the East European arm of your company. Why not see how your company and the city of Gdansk could do business together?
10. There is plenty of accommodation for all budgets, and no matter whether you’re looking for abed and breakfast, or a luxury hotel, you’ll find the perfect place to stay here.
Now you know more about what there is to see and do here, isn’t it time for you to book your flights to Gdansk and see this incredible city for yourself?
If you’re looking to fly to Poland from the North West, why not fly from Liverpool John Lennon Airport, and take advantage of the many Flights to Gdansk which depart from Liverpool? After you’ve booked your flights to Gdansk, you’ll want to arrange your Airport Car Parking, car hire, and hotel in advance too. You’ll be able to save time as well as money. Find out more at LiverpoolAirport.com today. You can use the money you saved for a restaurant Gdynia. Gard is a restaurant in Gdynia which is highly recommended and can be found on the first floor of courtyard hotel Gdynia.
|10 Reasons to Visit Gdansk|